Productivity & Organizing Interactive Networking Tool (POINT)
Below is a copy of the POINT User Agreement that you “Accepted” during the Join Process.
This User Agreement covers your access to and use of the Productivity & Organizing Interactive Networking Tool (POINT), an online forum provided by the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals (NAPO). By having clicked the link, “I agree to the User Agreement,” you agreed to the rules explained in this Agreement.
Description of Services
The Productivity & Organizing Interactive Networking Tool (POINT) is a rich and information-packed resource of NAPO. As the leading online forum and professional networking site for professional organizers and productivity consultants, NAPO members are able to solicit advice from peers, learn from others’ experience, connect and collaborate with colleagues from around the globe, keep up with fellow Committee Members, and participate in ongoing conversations about the industry.
Rules and Etiquette
We would like to thank you for being a part of NAPO’s interactive networking tool (POINT). It is clear that the world and our members have become more social and use online platforms and forums for communicating and making connections. As such, we encourage all NAPO members to participate in our online POINT community. To ensure the best possible experience for all POINT community members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions about these guidelines, the tools themselves, or have difficulty with your connection or ability to access specific POINT communities, please contact the NAPO HQ Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and use the Subject Line of POINT Request.
In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, NAPO reserves the right to discipline POINT users, delete or edit posts or terminate accounts for members who violate these rules.
- You will use POINT only for lawful, non-deceptive purposes authorized by this User Agreement;
- You may only post commercial messages on dedicated discussion threads where it is permitted on POINT, such as Product Plug & Service Splash, which includes workshops, webinars, teleclasses, events that you are hosting, including those that are offered for free;
- Special, unique events hosted by NAPO chapters and NAPO affiliates may be promoted on a one-time basis on POINT’s Member Connect Community, whereas posts to promote regular monthly chapter meetings are not permitted;
- You may comment in response to posts about relevant products or services you offer as described under “Etiquette” below;
- You may not discuss pricing, pursuant to NAPO’s Antitrust Policy
- The content you post on or through POINT will not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, intellectual property rights, contract rights, moral rights or any other rights of any person, business or entity;
- The content you post, to the best of your knowledge, will be truthful and accurate and will not contain any content, material, advertising or service that is false or deceptive;
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited and may be removed;
- If you post a hypertext link to a third-party website, it does not violate any of the above conditions.
- Send messages that add to the body of knowledge and benefit everyone;
- Send your message only to the most appropriate POINT Communities;
- Search the archives for previous comments on a topic before posting a question in a POINT community;
- Be courteous, respectful, and do not attack others. The discussions within the POINT communities are meant to share information and stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may;
- Please use caution when discussing products or services and refrain from making disparaging comments. Disparaging comments are subject to removal unless these comments are presented in a solutions-oriented manner. Information posted on any platform is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander and applicable antitrust laws
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know that it came from you;
- If a member asks a direct question that applies to a product, service, or event that you offer, you may respond using the following guidelines:
- Comment directly to the relevant conversation on POINT;
- Include a short one-sentence description – no prices or sales pitches – and one link to your product or service;
- Invite the member to contact you off of POINT;
- Include clear and concise topics in the subject line and keep conversations on topic. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting, while making it easier for members to search the archives by subject;
- If you wish to veer off topic, do not change the subject line. Instead, please create a new post with the appropriate topic in the subject line;
- If requesting a geographic-specific referral, please include key details in your subject line: location, dates and type of resource needed (e.g. Chicago, IL 60626 / July 1-3 / Unpack)
- Please send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals, not the entire list. Do this by using the “Reply to Sender” link at the top left of every message;
- Please be aware that replies may be reproduced online at the receiver’s discretion and that NAPO has no control over this.
We respect your privacy. Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
NAPO collects the personal information you provide when you become a Registered User and collects the comments and information you post on the POINT. When you browse POINT, our system automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie and the page you request. NAPO also places cookies on your computer.
NAPO reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal or administrative process served on us.
The Legal Stuff
NAPO Makes No Guarantee
- Liability: NAPO is not responsible, under any circumstances, for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from participation in or use of the POINT Services, or an event promoted by the POINT Services, any Content posted on or through the POINT Services, or the conduct of any Registered Users, whether online or offline.
- Links to Other Sites: Registered User profiles, communities, discussions and other communications created and posted on POINT may contain links to other websites. NAPO is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of any content or any opinions expressed. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
- Technical or Computer Issues: NAPO cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to the POINT Services. Operation of the POINT website or the POINT Services may be disrupted or interfered by numerous factors both within and outside of NAPO’s control. The data stored on NAPO’s servers or the servers of any third-party provider(s) NAPO may use in connection with the POINT Services may be corrupted, lost or otherwise impaired. NAPO is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or other system due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the POINT Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Registered Users or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading materials in connection with the POINT Services.
You agree to indemnify and hold NAPO (and its officers, directors, members, managers, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, joint ventures, shareholders, employees and web hosting service) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this User Agreement, your use of the POINT Services, or your violation of any law or regulation or the rights of a third party. This obligation will survive and continue after termination of this User Agreement for any reason.
When content is posted to POINT, you grant NAPO a non-exclusive, worldwide, binding, fully paid and royalty-free right and license to use that content in connection with the POINT Services, including the right and license to reproduce, publish and transmit the content. Your grant of the content license to NAPO includes the right to grant sublicenses.
NAPO does not claim any ownership rights in your content. You will continue to retain all ownership rights in your content, and you will continue to have the right to use your content in any way you choose. By posting, displaying or otherwise providing any content on or through the POINT Services, you are granting to NAPO and to other Registered Users the right to use, copy, distribute, display and modify your content in connection with the POINT Services.
If you submit a photograph or other digital images, you waive any and all rights of privacy and publicity with respect to the images. Content and images cannot be deleted from a community if you decide to leave a community or end your NAPO membership.
Changes to the User Agreement
NAPO reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, add or delete portions of this User Agreement at any time.
Claims for the enforcement or breach of this User Agreement will be governed by the laws of the STATE OF NEW JERSEY, USA without reference to conflict of laws principles. All claims, including claims regarding consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort, must be filed within one year of occurrence and will be governed by the laws of your state or province of residence in the United States and Canada, or, if you reside outside of the United States or Canada, the laws of the state of New Jersey, without reference to conflict of laws principles.
Through this User Agreement you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of state or federal courts in New Jersey, USA for all disputes arising under or related to this User Agreement or the POINT Services. You cannot revoke this consent. This provision will survive and continue after termination of the User Agreement for any reason.
NAPO’s Failure to Exercise Any Right is Not a Waiver
NAPO’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this User Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision.
The paragraph titles in this User Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
This User Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this User Agreement is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this User Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
The POINT community rules and etiquette should not be seen as all-inclusive, but rather to give our members a general idea of the guidelines one should follow when participating in the online community. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, NAPO reserves the right to suspend, remove content, or terminate participation on all lists for members who violate these rules. Taking action against one of our members, particularly in regard to removing an account, is something we would like to avoid, but realistically may have to happen in order to protect the quality of service we strive to provide to our members.
You agree that you will not:
- Post commercial messages, except where permitted on POINT;
- Post any material or engage in any activity that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, profane or libelous or that is patently offensive or otherwise promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, harasses or advocates harassment of another person, or exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- Post any material that violates any laws, including copyright law, regulations, third-party rights, this User Agreement or any other NAPO policy, including without limitation NAPO’s Safety Position Statement
- Post intentionally false, inaccurate, misleading or deceptive content (including false personal information);
- Post content or a link to a website that contains pornography or salacious subject matter;
- Post content, which encourages or could facilitate an express or implied agreement regarding price, a boycott of another’s business or client, or other conduct with the purpose or effect of restricting competition;
- Make disparaging comments or discuss grievances about suppliers or products, unless presented in a solutions-oriented manner;
- Conduct conversations regarding pricing for services;
- Use the account, username or password of another Registered User at any time;
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the POINT Services for any purpose without our prior written consent;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about Registered Users, including, names, email or other addresses to create a business list for promotional use;
- Take any action that imposes or may impose (in NAPO’s sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the POINT Services or any activities conducted on the POINT website;
- Bypass any measures NAPO may use to prevent or restrict access to the POINT Services;
- Knowingly distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm NAPO, or the interests or property of Registered Users; or
- Copy, reproduce, modify, distribute or publicly display any content (except for content you post) from the POINT Services without the prior written consent of NAPO and the appropriate third party, as applicable.
When unsure whether content is consistent with these policies, please err on the side of caution and do not post the content on POINT. If there are any questions on what content is appropriate to post, please contact the NAPO HQ team at email@example.com with the Subject Line: POINT Committee Request or Question.
The POINT Community User Agreement, rules and etiquette may be revised from time to time and it is the member’s responsibility to stay abreast of any changes.
Prohibited Conduct and Content
Illegal and/or unauthorized access to or use of POINT Services is prohibited. You are responsible for ensuring that your use of POINT Services is lawful and in compliance with this User Agreement. NAPO reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in NAPO’s sole discretion, violates this User Agreement, including, without limitation, removing any offending posting from the POINT Services, terminating the violator’s status as a Registered User, and reporting activities to enforcement authorities.
NAPO reserves the right to terminate access to any Registered User who does not abide by this User Agreement. You may terminate your status as a Registered User at any time, for any reason, by updating your “Subscription” and “Privacy Settings” in POINT to remove your profile. Certain terms of this User Agreement will survive the termination of your status as a Registered User and remain in effect to govern your and NAPO’s rights and responsibilities even when you are no longer a Registered User.