NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
Special Interest Groups (SIGs) provide an opportunity for experienced, veteran organizing and productivity experts to focus, collaborate and share their experience and expertise on a unique skill, topic area, business model or market. SIGS are not designed to teach organizers how to become proficient in the area of SIG focus, but to deepen the specialty experience with colleagues who have shared the experience.
Each SIG holds regular conference calls that cover a wide variety of topics, many of which have a direct impact on how a member can transfer, teach and demonstrate organizing skills. Not all calls should be considered CEU-eligible, however, many of these scheduled calls provide information to enable organizers to better serve their clients and meet the other CEU requirements of being present at a live “event.”
SIG conference calls are recorded and are available on-demand to SIG members as a benefit of SIG membership.
Membership Requirements and Fees for All SIGs
Members eligible to join a NAPO Special Interest Group include Professional, Retired, Lifetime or Allied Members, and Business Partners who meet all eligibility requirements of the SIG they wish to join. Each SIG has its own membership criteria.
Eligible members will receive two complimentary SIG memberships with their dues. Additional SIGs can be joined for a small fee.
- Fill out the online application for the appropriate SIG(s). Please have your NAPO ID #, and review general and specific SIG requirements to ensure you meet the guidelines.
- SIG Leader(s) review the submitted application and determine if the applicant is approved or declined. This is determined by the fulfillment of general SIG requirements as well as specific individual SIG requirements.
- SIG Leader(s) will alert applicants of approval or declination via email within 30 days upon receipt.
- If more than 2 SIG applications are received and approved per applicant, an invoice of $75 per additional SIG will be processed. The applicant will be responsible for submitting payment of $75 per additional SIG upon receipt of the invoice.
After the approval and/or payment is completed, your SIG membership will be activated and your SIG Leader(s) will be in contact with you accordingly. If you should have any questions about your SIG, please contact the SIG Leader directly. Moving forward, you will receive one invoice for your annual NAPO membership dues and SIG membership dues.
Select the SIG title to review additional information and to apply.
*NOTE ABOUT CEUs:
SIG's may offer CEU's to their members attending a SIG call if:
- Content of the call meets the criteria set by the Board of Certified Professional Organizers for continuing education as outlined in the BCPO Handbook
- The program portion of the call is a minimum of 60 minutes long
- Members attend the entire 60 minutes of the program portion
Each SIG member (not the SIG Leader) is required to track the calls they attend that will be submitted for CEU credit.