Judith Houlding Co-Leader
The Coaching SIG is designed for organizers who provide coaching services, whether as a stand-alone service or as a complement to on-site organizing work. This SIG will deepen our understanding of the many ways coaching can strengthen and complement organizing work and client change, identify effective marketing and packaging of coaching services to organizing clients, and discuss coaching resources and best practices.
To qualify for the Coaching SIG, members must:
- Have 60 hours of coaching skills training grounded in the core competencies of coaching. To be consistent with coaching industry standards, this basic training must meet the following criteria:
- Delivered live either on-site or in teleclasses (rather than from recordings or via a workbook)
- Include trainer observation and feedback of the student’s coaching
- Have a minimum of one year of experience using coaching skills and the coaching process with paying clients
- Be a Professional Member of NAPO
As part of the SIG application, the applicant will need to provide a description of the supervised training in which he or she has engaged and when it took place.
~ Each month I look forward to our Coaching SIG call. The opportunity to learn together, stay on top of various approaches and trends, and discuss issues unique to our profession is invaluable. Access to this group alone would be worth my entire NAPO membership fee!
E. Faye, COC®, CPO®